Using the Cognitive3D SDK for Unity¶
Welcome! This SDK allows you to integrate your Unity projects with Cognitive3D, which provides analytics and insights about your user's experiences. In addition, Cognitive3D empowers you with the ability to take actions that will improve users' engagement with your experience.
- Cognitive3D Analytics Account
- Cognitive3D Unity Package
If you are upgrading the Cognitive3D SDK from 0.6.x or earlier:
- Copy the SceneIds in Preferences from your previous scenes into a notepad
- Close Unity
- Delete the Assets/CognitiveVR folder, Assets/Plugins/CognitiveVR folder and Asset/Plugins/CognitiveVR.dll
- Open Unity and click Assets->Import Package->Custom Package... and select latest CognitiveVR SDK from GitHub
- Click cognitive3D->Advanced Options
- Copy the SceneIds from your notpad to your new Preferences
- Click cognitive3D->Scene Setup to input your Developer Key and API Key. You do not need to complete the rest of this setup.
Click Assets->Import Package->Custom Package... and select latest CognitiveVR SDK from GitHub.
The Scene Setup window should automatically open. It can also be found at cognitive3D->Advanced Options
This window will guide you through some basic terminology and setup. You will need your Developer Key and API Key from the Cognitive3D Dashboard. Following these steps, you will add Dynamic Object components to interactive gameobjects in your scene and upload your scene to SceneExplorer.
The Scene Setup window will add a CognitiveVR Manager to the scene. This manager will automatically send a Session Custom Event and record basic data about the device.
By default, the application will store data locally if the device cannot reach the internet. When it can reach the internet, it will slowly upload requests from the cache to the dashboard while the app is running. Click cognitive3D->Advanced Options to change the Upload Local Cache Rate and the Cache Size.