Media & 360
Cognitive3D can record gaze on both 360 video, 360 images and 2D videos and photos in your scenes.
To add Media to your project:
- Export and Upload your scene using the normal export process (the Scene Setup Window from the Cognitive3D menu)
- On the Dashboard, open the Media Library page
- Press Upload New Media and select the media file you want
- In Unity, add a Media Component to your GameObject with the media (Note: you will need a meshrenderer on the gameobject if the media is an image or a Video Player if it is a video). This will also add a Dynamic Object component and a Mesh Collider component
- Press Refresh Media. You will see a list of media that has been uploaded on the Dashboard
Here is an example of a fully complete me with all components:
If you are using 360 video, open the 360 Setup from the Cognitive3D menu.
You should complete the first 3 steps above: Upload your scene, open the Media Library page on the Dashboard and Upload your video file.
This window will set the Skybox to play the video and generate a sphere to record the participant's gaze. Ensure that the Main Camera is inside the sphere. At runtime, the sphere will update its position to match that of the camera.